- 20 ounces of water (about 2 2/3 cups)
- 6 whole cloves
- 8 whole green cardamom pods, cracked
- 8 whole black peppercorns
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 4 slices ginger root (about a thumb's worth)
- 2 bags of tea (black or herbal; rooiboos is nice)
- 1/2 cup milk
Bring water to a boil and add spices. Cover and simmer, 15-20 minutes. If desired, add black tea to steep a few minutes, then add milk and bring back up to a boil (helps you digest the milk). Remove from heat, strain, and maybe sweeten with a little honey.
You can also just pour boiling water over the loose herbs in your cup, and let sit 10+ minutes before adding milk and/or sweetener.